Located between Knoxville, Tennessee, and the Tri-Cities area, Morristown has a variety of attractions and events for all ages. The Heritage Center is close to the downtown area, as well as local shopping and restaurants. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Morristown Visitors Bureau provides a guide to events, attractions, outdoor activities, hotels, shopping and restaurants.
- The General Longstreet Headquarters Museum includes tours of the house General James Longstreet used from 1863-1864.
- The Crockett Tavern Museum is built on the location of Davy Crockett’s boyhood home and includes guided tours and a pioneer-related store.
- The Encore Theatrical Company performs a variety of shows every year, focusing on live performances and educational programming.
- The Cherokee National Forest covers more than 650,000 acres of land and features more than 600 miles of walking trails, seven whitewater rivers, 30 campgrounds and three large lakes.